Disclosure & Barring Service
Council for Voluntary Service North West Kent has acted as a Registered Umbrella Body since 2004, for organisations requiring police checks to be undertaken on prospective employees and volunteers.
The Disclosure & Barring Service currently charge Â£44 for an Enhanced Disclosure for a paid worker and offer a free check for Volunteers, in addition to this CVSNWK charge an administration fee of Â£10 for CVS members and Â£12 for non-members for charities and not-for-profit organisations per Disclosure.Â A charge of Â£15 per Disclosure will apply for Businesses.
The following information is enclosed in the pack:
- Organisation Agreement
- Disclosure Agreement
- DBS Application Form (specimen)
- Applicantâ€™s Guide to completing the DBS Application
- Continuation Sheet
- Evidence of Identity â€“ refer to â€˜Identification Checking Processâ€™ for correct ID
- Checking Procedure
- Online Tracking Service
- Information on the Update Service
- CVSNWK Code of Practice
- CVSNWK Policy Statement on Secure Storage
- CVSNWK Employing People with Criminal & Police Records
- DBS Update Service - Employer Guide/Applicant Guide
More information regarding Disclosures can be obtained from the DBS website here.